top of page

Make a difference ... Become a foster parent!

Oregon's most vulnerable youth need more support. Learn more about becoming a foster parent with GOBHI, a resource parent with DHS, a volunteer with CASA of Eastern Oregon, or a Citizen Review Board volunteer providing a citizen voice on the safety, stability, and supervision of children in foster care.

Foster youth in Malheur County deserve the support of local families.

Could yours be one of them?

Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, Inc.

Therapeutic Foster Care

Needed: Full and Part Time Foster Families

Our program provides individualized, trauma-informed care designed for foster youth who need extra support before re-entering traditional foster care or returning home, and our foster parents are a vital part of our team-based, trauma-informed service for youth ages 3 through 21.

Referred youth are involved in the Child Welfare System or are supported by their local Community Mental Health Program. The length of GOBHI youth placement is typically 6 to 24 months for full-time care, while Relief Care (part time) is typically 2 to 14 days.

We do everything we can to keep youth in their home communities, in the same schools, and near their existing support systems. For the foster youth of Clatsop County, that means homes like yours!

Minimum Qualifications:
  • Must be at least 21 years of age

  • Must reside within the state of Oregon

  • Complete a criminal and child welfare background check

  • Keep an emotionally and financially stable household

  • Provide a separate bedroom for foster youth

Providers Receive:
  • Specialized training 

  • 24-7 support for emergencies and urgent needs

  • Assigned staff member to provide support for both family and youth

  • Individual plans for youth

  • Substantial reimbursement for care

Apply Now >

Frequently Asked Questions >

Join our next Info Session >

How to Contact GOBHI

Email: Adam Rodakowski

Phone: 1-541-256-4587


Oregon Department of Human Services

Malheur County

Needed: Full Time Resource (Foster) Parents and Part Time Respite Providers

Temporary living arrangements for children and young adults experiencing foster care who need a safe place to live when their parents or guardians cannot safely take care of them. Apply as a General, Child Specific, or Relative/Kinship resource family! Learn More >

How to Contact ODHS


Phone: 1-800-331-0503


Court Appointed Special Advocates of Eastern Oregon

CASA of Eastern Oregon's main purpose is to make sure that children in foster care have a CASA volunteer to represent their best interest and ensure they are getting the services they need to overcome the trauma they have suffered. Learn More >

How to Contact CASA of Eastern Oregon


Phone: 1-541-403-1375


Citizen Review Board

Malheur County

Citizen volunteers for their local CRB shape public policy and actively promote conditions to ensure that every child lives in a safe, secure, healthy, and permanent home, preserving families whenever possible. You can provide a citizen voice on the safety, stability, and supervision of children in foster care through impartial case review and advocacy. Learn More >

How to Contact CRB

Email: Christina Northern

Phone: 1-541-233-8142

Refer Potential Foster Parents to GOBHI for up to $1,000

Did you know that you can receive a reward for referring foster families to GOBHI? To qualify, the potential foster parent must put you down as the referral source on their application and cannot be certified by DHS Child Welfare or other foster care agency at the time of application. Upon their certification you receive $500, and an additional $500 once they have provided one year of care.

Pass this flier on to anyone you think might be interested in fostering with GOBHI!

bottom of page