top of page

Make a difference ... Become a foster parent!

Oregon's most vulnerable youth need more support. Learn more about becoming a foster parent with GOBHI, a resource parent with DHS, or a volunteer with Frontier CASA to serve youth who have experienced abuse and neglect, making sure that their trauma is addressed and their voices heard.

Foster youth in Sherman County deserve the support of local families.

Could yours be one of them?

Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, Inc.

Therapeutic Foster Care

Needed: Full and Part Time Foster Families

Individualized, trauma-informed care designed for foster youth who need extra support before re-entering traditional foster care or returning home.

The length of GOBHI youth placement is typically 6 to 24 months for full-time care, while Relief Care (part time) is typically 2 to 14 days. Referred youth are involved in the Child Welfare System or are supported by their local Community Mental Health Program.

Minimum Qualifications:
  • Must be at least 21 years of age

  • Must reside within the state of Oregon

  • Complete a criminal and child welfare background check

  • Keep an emotionally and financially stable household

  • Provide a separate bedroom for foster youth

Providers Receive:
  • Specialized training 

  • 24-7 support for emergencies and urgent needs

  • Assigned staff member to provide support for both family and youth

  • Individual plans for youth

  • Substantial reimbursement for care

Apply Now >

Frequently Asked Questions >

Join our next Info Session >

How to Contact GOBHI

Email: Adam Rodakowski

Phone: 1-541-256-4587


Oregon Department of Human Services

Sherman County

Needed: Full Time Resource (Foster) Parents and Part Time Respite Providers

Temporary living arrangements for children and young adults experiencing foster care who need a safe place to live when their parents or guardians cannot safely take care of them.

Some ODHS placements may last for a few weeks, months, or even years. As a resource ​parent, you may choose the type of placements you will accept. Apply as a General, Child Specific, or Relative/Kinship resource family!

Learn More >

How to Contact ODHS


Phone: 1-800-331-0503


Columbia Gorge CASA

Serving Sherman County

Frontier CASA's main purpose is to make sure that children in foster care, who have been abused and neglected, have a CASA volunteer to represent their best interest and ensure they are getting the services they need to overcome the trauma they have suffered.

Learn More >

How to Contact Columbia Gorge CASA


Phone: 1-541-386-3468


Refer Potential Foster Parents to GOBHI for up to $1,000

Did you know that you can receive a reward for referring foster families to GOBHI? To qualify, the potential foster parent must put you down as the referral source on their application and cannot be certified by DHS Child Welfare or other foster care agency at the time of application. Upon their certification you receive $500, and an additional $500 once they have provided one year of care.

Pass this flier on to anyone you think might be interested in fostering with GOBHI!

bottom of page