Money Management Program

The GOBHI Money Management Program (GMMP) assists all people who have been determined to need a representative payee, including seniors, people with disabilities, and individuals ages 0–59. The program also serves dependent children of parents who have representative payees.

GMMP currently serves all of the Eastern Oregon CCO region (Baker, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, and Wheeler Counties) as well as Hood River and Wasco Counties in Oregon, and Klickitat and Skamania Counties in Washington.

The program has a significant impact on an individual’s ability to remain independent, retain their housing, and maintain their overall health by ensuring expenses are paid on time and in full each month.

Q. Who is GOBHI?
A. Greater Oregon Behavioral Health, Inc. (GOBHI) is an innovative behavioral health care organization that serves and supports communities across Oregon. We provide visionary leadership to give better care and improve health in rural counties throughout our state. GOBHI is an Organizational Representative Payee as approved by the Social Security Administration.

Q. What is Money Management?
A. The GOBHI Money Management Program (GMMP) provides services for individuals who have been determined to need help managing their federal benefits, pension, and/or other funds. The GMMP staff has passed background checks, trained in funder’s rules and regulations, advocates on behalf of clients, and maintains strict client confidentiality. GMMP manages monthly bills, tracks expenditures, provides monthly statements, and manages funder-reporting requirements.

Q. What is the purpose of the GMMP?
A. The purpose of GMMP is to assist individuals in maintaining their independence, obtaining financial security, and preventing financial abuse. In addition, the GMMP helps relieve family conflict by handling financial decisions for the individual.

Q. Whom does the GMMP serve?
A. We serve people 60+ years old, veterans, people 18+ years old who have disabilities, and children 0-18 years old (SSI). Currently, GMMP serves the Eastern Oregon CCO region (Baker, Gilliam, Grant, Harney, Lake, Malheur, Morrow, Sherman, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, and Wheeler Counties) as well as Klickitat and Skamania Counties in Washington.

Q. What are the types of services offered?
A. Representative Payee (RP): RP services are for individuals who have been determined by funder to need assistance managing their federal benefits. Federal benefits include Social Security, Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, Railroad Retirement, Veterans, pensions, and/or other funds.
Income Cap Trust (ICT): For individuals determined to need an ICT by the Department of Human Services/Aging and People with Disabilities department. ICTs enable consumers to become Medicaid eligible as their income is directed to an irrevocable trust account that is not accessible to client.

Q. How to apply for GMMP services?
A. GMMP accepts referrals from Social Security and Veterans Administration, pension funders, family or friends, organizations, banks, living facilities, self-referral, etc. Please see contact information below. GMMP staff will complete a Referral Form that contains the required information. GMMP submits the appropriate funder forms for approval. When GMMP receives the funder approval letter, an Intake Process is completed and the individual becomes a member.

Q. How to contact the GMMP?
A. GOBHI Money Management Program Office: 541.298.2101
Fax: 541.298.7996
PO BOX 2129
The Dalles, OR 97058

Referral Process

To make a referral:

  1. Complete and submit an online interest form OR
  2. Download a referral form   and securely email to, or mail to the address listed on the form.

Referrals Accepted From:

  • Social Security Administration
  • Veterans Administration
  • Trust Accounts
  • Pension Accounts
  • Aging and People with Disabilities
  • Adult Protective Services
  • Self-Referrals
  • Family Members
  • Living Facilities

List of needed items for a referral:

  • A completed copy of this  Release of Information form
  • Copies of all the client’s bills/monthly payments
  • Copy of the client’s current rental agreement, or Form 458 or 512 if living in a facility

Suspect financial fraud/exploitation

Signs of Financial Exploitation or Abuse:

Financial abuse involves unauthorized use of an individual’s funds or property, either by a family member, caregiver, or a stranger.
Signs of Financial Abuse may include:

  • Significant withdrawals from accounts
  • Unpaid bills or lack of medical care
  • Unnecessary services, goods, or subscriptions
  • Financial activity the elder couldn’t have done
  • Changes in the elder’s financial condition
  • Items or cash missing from the household.

What to do?

Call Adult Protective Services at 855-503-SAFE (7233). Please have the individual’s name and location available, plus a brief explanation of what you have observed or heard.

Our Programs

Download our brochure


Social Security Administration:
If you are concerned that someone you know becomes incapable of managing or directing the management of his or her benefits, please call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778)

Veterans Administration:
VA fiduciary program toll free number: 1-888-407-0144